What is Computer Security
Computer Security is a branch of technology known as information security as applied to computers. Information security means protecting information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction. The objective of computer security varies and can include protection of information from theft or corruption, or the preservation of availability, as defined in the security policy.
Free MP3 Editor Platinum is a free and safe audio editor program without any malicious component. Your personal information is well respected & your security is guaranteed.
12 tips for computer security:
1. Update / patch ALL your software every now and then!
2. Check / adjust ALL your settings so they are safe, since they ARENT by default!
3. Use firewall, like ZoneAlarm to control what goes in and out from your computer!
4. Use good passwords: at least 13marks long, containing both letters and numbers. Remember to change your password every few months at least and don’t ever use the same password in two places!
5. Get a good antivirus program: NOD32, F-Secure or Norton Antivirus and keep it updated!
6. Don't open or execute files that you are not 100% sure are absolutely safe no matter where or how you get them.
7. Wipe your history files (like cookies, internet history and temporary files, etc.), logs and personal files, with specific wiping program (like Eraser) instead of just deleting them.
8. Use encryption to enhance your privacy! Use encrypted email (like Hushmail or Ziplip), www-surfing and encrypt sensitive files on your computer (PGP).
9. When you are finished using some internet-based service like email, sign out of it rather than just closing your browser! Also, when you leave your computer, make sure that none of such programs or connections is left open that someone could abuse. In WindowsNT/2k/XP, press Windows key+L to lock the workstation.
10. Don't use public computers for anything you need to type in your logins - they usually have Trojan horses that capture your passwords.
11. Make backups and store them in safe place! Easiest way to do a total-backup is to make an "Image" of your hard drive or partition and store it on safe location, but floppies will usually be just fine for storing documents, etc.
12. Install and Use a Hardware Firewall.
More Useful Tips:
- How Does It Work in Detail
- Open and Save Audio Files
- Input an Audio Track from Audio CD
- Record Sounds
- Digital Audio Effects
- Play, Move and Select Regions
- Bookmark Tools
- YouTube Downloader/Converter
- Audio Converter
- Audio Extractor
- Audio CD Burner
- Audio CD Ripper
- Disc Eraser
- View Mode
- Select Channels
- ID3 Editor and WMA
- Frequency Analysis
- Text to Speech
- Keyboard Shortcut
- Output Formats
- General Audio Concepts
- Choose the Best MP3 Editor for Your Windows Computer
- Save Legacy Formats like Vinyl LPs & Tapes to Your Computer
- Why Add Video & Audio to Your Website
- Suggestions on Adding Multimedia Content to Websites
- What is Streaming Audio
- What is Computer Security